We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New DMT-related Graphic Novel Options

clouds
#1 Posted : 9/15/2010 6:15:14 AM

Human

Quote:
I wanted to hip all the DoseNation readers to my now-complete online graphic novel Red Light Properties. RLP is the first graphic novel in a longer tropical-horror series about a small Miami Beach real estate office that exorcises ghosts and lists the "previously-haunted homes" to foreclosure victims left homeless by the housing crash.
The firm is run by shaman-schlub Jude Tobin, whose ever-present orange fanny-pack is stuffed with a portable vaporizer and a veritable lab of entheogenic substances to help him enter the spirit world and exorcise lingering spirits... though his necessary daily intake to keep the office in the black puts undue stress on his relationship with his broker/soon-to-be-ex-wife Cecilia and the rest of the people surrounding him on all sides in the living world.

This first volume is a welcome-to-our-fucked-up-lives affair, with a slow build for the characters and the paradigm set-up before the knock-down... but it's also full of the sublime and the satirical, with some nice yiddish flourishes, DMT-riddled psychedelic disintegrations and a sweaty layer of Miami sleaze.

Source: http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=7778

Chapter 1 @ http://www.tor.com/stori...ght-properties-chapter-1

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

neverwas
#2 Posted : 9/15/2010 8:44:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy awesome! I had an idea about something similar to this a while back. It was centered around an underground agency/community that used to visionary compunds to modify their internal software as they are androids. Conciousness is technology is the idea. That's as far as I got though. I'm glad someone did it! Nice work man!
My name is love, for I am without fear

Bill Cipher
#3 Posted : 9/15/2010 8:58:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now you've gone and gotten me all hooked on this thing. I'm 10 chapters in - so far so good. I just wish the pages loaded faster.

Skizm
#4 Posted : 9/25/2010 2:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Am hooked, cya later responsibilities. Here I come RLP!
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre